WHO WE ARE
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Brant provides emergency assistance to our neighbours in need in Brantford and Brant County in the form of clothing, household items, furniture and non-perishable food or grocery gift cards. The primary goal and purpose of the Society is to serve the poor, while promoting their dignity, making no distinctions of creed, ethnic or social background, health, gender, or political opinions.
Our activity consists of visits in the homes of those in need by conference members who provide vouchers which are used to shop free at our Thrift Store. Over 75 volunteers work at our Thrift Store. We are funded entirely through donations (monetary and in-kind) and from the proceeds of sales at SSVP Brant Thrift Store at 143 Wellington at Clarence.
As the SSVP Brant Volunteer Coordinator (Volunteer Position) you will facilitate the human resources planning, recruiting, screening, selection, scheduling and development of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul volunteers in consultation and cooperation with other members of the store management team (15-20 hours per week, the majority of those hours on site; flexible on site/home). View our volunteer video.
WHAT MAKES YOU RIGHT FOR THIS POSITION?
• You have some direct or related experience in recruiting, screening, training and scheduling volunteers.
• You are detail-oriented and meticulous at gathering, maintaining and updating human resources data and records.
• You communicate comfortably and effectively orally, in writing and using technology (eg. Databases, Digital spreadsheets, Video-conferencing, Team Meetings, etc.).
• You are comfortable delivering presentations to small groups (orientation and training sessions).
• You enjoy organizing people and building positive relationships with people.
• You understand the importance of keeping volunteers informed about the organization and about opportunities within the organization that suit their skillset.
• You are effective at problem solving situations involving people.
• You are a team player and recognize the importance of consensus, collaboration and creativity when collaborating with volunteers and members of the Management Team.
• You are committed to maintaining an efficient and safe operation(proper health and safety procedures, etc.).
• You wish to develop, maintain and refine training materials, job descriptions, operational and health and safety policies and procedures.
• You can collaborate with the store manager to ensure engaging and meaningful experiences/events for volunteers resulting in a positive volunteer community/family.
Applications will be received until Friday April 9, 2021.
• email: email@example.com
• mail: PO Box 23060, Brantford, ON N3T 6K4
• in-person: 143 Wellington St., Brantford
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.