We’ve missed our Saturday shoppers – and we expect that you’ve missed the chance to check out the deals at the “best prices in town” at SSVP Brant Thrift Store at 143 Wellington at Clarence. So, especially for you Saturday shoppers who are unable to come by for our regular weekday shopping, we will be open Saturday, November 7th from 10 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. This will be for shopping only. No donations will be accepted on Saturday.
Regular Covid hours: Shopping – Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; (non-furniture) donations accepted Wednesday 9 a.m. to 12 noon; furniture accepted by appointment (call 519-751-0143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Meghan is part of a web series on Special Olympics champions.
She completed an Assumption College Brantford Co-op placement AND volunteered for 4 years with us.
We are privileged and proud to be part of her journey!
Check out her video at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VtuTzXfdf8g
- CERB payments have been extended from 24 to 28 weeks and after that, those who are eligible for EI will get a minimum of $400/week for at least 26 weeks
- a new benefit for those not EI eligible will provide $400/week for 26 weeks
- there is also a $500/week sickness/care giving benefit for those who need it
- GIS and the Allowance for seniors, GST/HST and child benefits are all based on the previous year’s income. These benefits were extended to the end of Sept. even if 2019 taxes were not filed in Apr. but taxes need to be filed by the end of Sept. or those benefits will stop in Oct.
- eviction orders can now be enforced in Ont. if tenants are in rent arrears
- OW and ODSP recipients can receive $100 for individuals and $200 for families to assist with extra costs for cleaning supplies, food, clothing and transportation due to COVID-19
- Brantford Transit resumed charging fares in Aug.
A helpful website for determining eligibility for benefits can be found at financialreliefnav.org