SSVP Brant provides emergency assistance to neighbours in need in Brantford and Brant County in the form of clothing, household items, furniture and non-perishable food or grocery gift cards. The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul serves the poor, while promoting their dignity, making no distinctions of creed, ethnic or social background, health, gender, or political opinions.
SSVP conference members visit those in need in their homes and provide vouchers which are used to shop free at our Thrift Store. Over 75 volunteers work at our Thrift Store.
As the SSVP Brant Volunteer Coordinator (non-paid, volunteer position) you will facilitate the selection and development of volunteers at the Thrift Store. (8 – 10 flexible hours per week on site and at home).
What makes you right to be the SSVP Thrift Store Volunteer Coordinator?
• You enjoy people and building positive relationships and as a team player you are effective at problem solving through consensus and collaboration.
• You communicate comfortably and effectively one-on-one and in small groups, in writing, orally and using technology.
• You are detail-oriented at gathering and maintaining human resources records and refining training materials, job descriptions.
• You are committed to maintaining an efficient and safe operation (proper health and safety procedures, etc.).
• You have some direct or related experience in recruiting and training volunteers.
Volunteer Coordinator Application – MS Word Format
Volunteer Coordinator Application – .pdf Format
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail – 143 Wellington St., Brantford, ON N3S 3Y8