Meghan is part of a web series on Special Olympics champions.
She completed an Assumption College Brantford Co-op placement AND volunteered for 4 years with us.
We are privileged and proud to be part of her journey!
Check out her video at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VtuTzXfdf8g
- CERB payments have been extended from 24 to 28 weeks and after that, those who are eligible for EI will get a minimum of $400/week for at least 26 weeks
- a new benefit for those not EI eligible will provide $400/week for 26 weeks
- there is also a $500/week sickness/care giving benefit for those who need it
- GIS and the Allowance for seniors, GST/HST and child benefits are all based on the previous year’s income. These benefits were extended to the end of Sept. even if 2019 taxes were not filed in Apr. but taxes need to be filed by the end of Sept. or those benefits will stop in Oct.
- eviction orders can now be enforced in Ont. if tenants are in rent arrears
- OW and ODSP recipients can receive $100 for individuals and $200 for families to assist with extra costs for cleaning supplies, food, clothing and transportation due to COVID-19
- Brantford Transit resumed charging fares in Aug.
A helpful website for determining eligibility for benefits can be found at financialreliefnav.org
We will continue to accept gently used clothing and household items (no furniture at this time) this upcoming week, ONLY on Thursday, June 25th between 12 noon and 3 p.m. at SSVP Brant Thrift Store, 143 Wellington, Brantford.
- Our volunteers will not handle your donations. Please follow their direction to place your items in the carts provided where they will be quarantined until it is safe for our volunteers to process them.
- If items are packed in a box please close the top of the box to permit most efficient use of our storage space.
- Our retail space has not yet reopened; we’re taking it slowly to keep everyone safe & healthy.
by Marg Beach, Director of Systemic Change, SSVP Brant
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Brant celebrated National Education Savings Week by hosting a Canada Learning Bond sign up event at our Thrift Store on Nov. 23rd, 2019. The Canada Learning Bond provides up to $2,000 in education savings funds for each eligible child. Continue reading “For Saving for Success (Canada Learning Bond program)- a successful event!”
In her last year as a student at Assumption College, Meghan Josling did a work placement at the St. Vincent de Paul Valu Shoppe in Brantford. Because she made such a connection with her fellow volunteers, Meghan returns to help out on holiday breaks from her schooling at Mohawk College.
Meanwhile Meghan continues her pursuit of excellence in sport. Check out this most recent news from the Brantford Expositor, Friday, February 9, 2018:-
Continue reading “Congratulations, Meghan!”